From Lord Aschcroft polls, this is a devastating indictment of the Conservative Party:
This shows clearly that fewer than a quarter of British voters believe that the Conservative Party
- "Wants to help ordinary people get on in life"
- "Has its "heart in the right place"
- "Stands for opportunity for all"
- "Stands for fairness"
- "Represents the whole country, not just some types of people"
- Is "one the side of people like me"
- "Will do what they say"
And less than 10% agree that it
- "is united"